AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inputs and demand.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/14/2011 02:10 (#1817845 - in reply to #1815716)
Subject: RE: Inputs and demand......... Russia and Eastern Europe

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Nowhere in this thread do I see any mention of Russia or Eastern Europe. Russia as another source of fertilizer and eastern Europe as a potential corn growing area.

Frankly I would not get all wound up over either. Russia is a huge country with a lot of natural resources including potash. Eastern Europe is an areas with a lot of potentially productive corn growing area.

However both Eastern Europe and China lack the infrastructure that it takes to raise, harvest, store and ship say 200 bu corn consistently on a large scale.

Russian potash and other fertilizers including N from natural gas etc are there but no one knows how much nor when the infrastructure will be there to produce, market and ship it. 

We in the US corn belt often don't really appreciate the support infrastructure we have in this country. The suppliers, equipment, roads, barges, trucks, dryers, bins etc etc. Much of this infrastructure just does not exist in other countries around the world.

There is also a lot of mis- and dis-information going around about these subjects. 

Here is an interesting news article about a Chinese fertilizer company.  Reminds me of "Who's on first, What's on second and I don't know is on third"

fwiw.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 6/14/2011 02:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)