AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone have hydraulic sectional planter control running off an EZ-Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/13/2011 21:53 (#1817397 - in reply to #1815978)
Subject: Re: Anyone have hydraulic sectional planter control running off an EZ-Boom

South Georgia
Since nobody else has replied, I will.

I remember reading that thread. I actually looked it up and emailed it to somebody just a couple months ago. I'm pretty sure that the poster you have in mind was using a different controller to actually control the rate. The EZ-Boom was only for section control.

That being said, it sounds like there's a problem in your system, not a problem with the concept. I'm not a Trimble genius, so I can't suggest where to start looking, but it's possible that you either have a wiring problem or a Trimble component problem.

Another thought, if you only need 1.5 gpm to get your desired motor speed, then you've only got a couple horsepower available to turn your meters. Yeah, it might very well turn them, but maybe much more erratically than you desire.

One other question, I assume you were moving when you switch to rate 1 / 2? Also, you were moving faster than any 'minimum flow' number that you had programmed into the controller?

I've read stuff that the person who posted that has written for years, and while I don't think he intended for you to believe that he used those exact components to build the system he's using, I'm confident that he does have a system that uses the concepts he laid out in that thread.

Hope some of this helps.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)