AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am getting old and crabby?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 6/7/2011 22:45 (#1809300 - in reply to #1809076)
Subject: Re: I am getting old and crabby?

Brazilton KS

So you are parking someplace where the sides of the road are too steep to get up or down, and all of us "arrogant jerks"  are parking along side of relatively flat roads with nothing but farmground on either side, and you think we are causing problems and you are not....but somehow all of us "arrogant jerks" seem to be able to get along just fine amongst ourselves in spite of the fact that we are all "arrogant jerks" having to go around each other's  trucks parked on the road.    Heck, we even occasionally wait on each other's grain carts to unload  :~o  OMG!!

Okay, that makes perfectly good sense.....in some universe somewhere.  

I am sure the neighbors would agree that it would be stupid to waste time jockying trucks in and out of drives...Where are the trucks going to be while they are waiting on someone to back in or pull out?  How long is that going to take?  How long does it take to dump a grain cart?  .I sure hope they don't take a notion to start doing it your way, because they'll  block the road a heck of a lot more then what they are doing now.    I know I'm not going  to start doing it for precisely that reason, in addition to it simply being a stupid interruption to the whole process which is working just fine now.    

But then, strange as it may seem,  we sometimes even collude with each other and establish which roads we are going to run which direction on, so we don't even meet each other at all....  Imagine that.  What arrogance to think we could cooperate like that, instead of yelling and calling each other names.

As for relations with the non-farm community....I've heard people complain about many things over the years,    They complain about trucks going down the road.  They complain about them making dust.  They complain about them making noise...they complain about them getting mud on the road when someone parks them in a field...but I don't really recall anyone complaining about a truck parked on the road along the end of a field.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)