AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conventional till verse vertical till side by sides?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 6/4/2011 22:42 (#1805659 - in reply to #1805572)
Subject: RE: Conventional till verse vertical till side by sides?

Saronville NE
Dan, was talkin to my P salesman the other day and he does some scouting and has always been a big notill/ striptill fan, he flat out admitted last 3 yrs in a row has cost the notill/ striptill guys alot of money in lost stand and yield. He says the conventional is still looking the best again this year. He told me the other day after looking at a couple of my fields and says1 of em is the best looking stand he has been in yet this year, and the other is the best stand we have ever had on that farm, (was the farm that has been notill 8 yrs, last 6 been COC) planted 34k and got 34k pop. After what Im seeing so far this year, on my own and my customers fields, Im stickin with conventional, my worst corn is my dryland and I stayed with notill on it for moisture conservation, lots of skips, uneven stands, looks like heck but not bad nuff to replant, think we are going to do tillage on the dryland next yr also. I will say the notill corn into bean stubble looks pretty good and will say I think notill works great if you rotate corn/beans, but COC continuesly in notill just plain doesnt work, here anyways.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)