AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trading tools
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cropspy
Posted 6/4/2011 00:04 (#1804900 - in reply to #1804866)
Subject: Re: Trading tools

See, nearly every area is different and it's probably impossible to implement a plan that will work (well) for everyone.........thus is why many marketing services are baloney.

IF you study historical basis levels for your area of delivery, you will become familiar with which ones are more likely to have wide swings? Why, some is lack of storage space.......some will depend what type of delivery they receive, rail, truck, barge...etc? Other times just like us, they make dumb moves but knowing the historical basis for your area & delivery points is critical. Not that you will be a hero each time, but you are stacking your odds and that is what marketing is all about! Placing yourself is the most likely position to capture opportunities!!!!!!!!!!

I sell most of my crop to an end user that has numerous delivery points within 150 miles of me. They normally have exceptional basis offers but those levels differ among their delivery points. Then I will sell some to a few other buyers to keep my options open. This day & time, having a financially stable buyer is paramount!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)