AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering buying a sprayer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CentralILFarmer
Posted 6/3/2011 11:14 (#1804189 - in reply to #1804181)
Subject: Re: Considering buying a sprayer.

ECIL
Many around here that farm a decent amount like us own there own large sprayers as well, but when i compare us to them they are often farmers who have inherited ground and that is not the case with us. We own 500 of our 2700-2800 acres. Our farm consists of two brothers each owns 250. I am one of the brother sons. My father and I were talking and we think this could be a possible "in" for me with the farm. It is difficult having a uncle that is in control of half of the farm.

I am basically thinking (After talking with my father) That I would buy the sprayer, and make money by doing the spraying for our farm. It could appeal to my uncle because I could charge less than what he is paying currently. The farm could buy a sprayer, but I need a way in myself. So money is a issue, but if one of the nicer/newer machines could be paid off within say 5 years, that is how I would like to go. This would be my first big venture into farming. I help with the operation everyday, but do not farm but a 40 on my own.

I guess I just need to put the pencil to the paper, but I don't really know what costs to figure when it comes to spraying. One guy said operating costs of spraying are below 50 cents a acre.... is that reasonable?

Edited by CentralILFarmer 6/3/2011 11:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)