AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar rate controller - grounding ? - connecting boom valves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/27/2011 07:47 (#1747600 - in reply to #1747214)
Subject: RE: Greenstar rate controller - grounding ? - connecting boom valves

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I disagree with the statement that some valves have a reverse polarity wiring scheme. I have worked with literally hundreds of Raven butterfly control valves and found them to all be consistent.

I believe part of your problem deals with using a 1 1/2 control vavle. A 1" valve would be more suitable.

With low flow rates as often experienced with fertilizer on a planter, a bypass plumbing arrangement often produces better results. With this plumbing arrangement, the excess capacity of the pump is wasted in a sense in that the excess is returned back to the tank rather than attempting to throttle it back.

With a 1 1/2" control valve in the throttling position, a slight movement of the valve will cause fairly dramatic changes in the output to the ground. This makes it difficult for the system to "lock on" to the desired rate. By putting this valve in the bypass arrangement, it generally works much better from the control aspect.

Another area that helps with control is the use of properly sized orfices in the various branches. The orfices have the effect of evening out the flow to each row plus creating some back pressure to allow the system to control the rate better.

I suspect you may have some of the same problems with Field - IQ.

Edited by tedbear 4/27/2011 07:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)