AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar rate controller - grounding ? - connecting boom valves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

weedbeaver
Posted 4/26/2011 23:18 (#1747214 - in reply to #1745256)
Subject: RE: Greenstar rate controller - grounding ? - connecting boom valves

NE ND
I don't know if the new valves are different, but we have bought many 1.5" Raven butterfly valves, and we install them in the throttling position. A few years back with the GS2 rate controllers were new, I spent many days trying to make it control a Raven valve. Still don't believe it works quite right yet. One thing I did discover at the time, and have verified with a Raven techy that some of the valves are not built with the same polarity when they are manufactured. This means one valve would work great in the throttling postion, and the next one won't, vice versa.

On another note, we run the rate controllers on planters with very low flow (less than 3 gpm). We haven't had any success with the JD controllers working at that low of rate, with a centrifugal pump & throttling valve. The only thing that has somewhat worked is to run an orbit motor on a positive displacement pump thru the rate controller. The RC controls the speed of the pump. That has helped achieve and maintain the target rate, but still a long way from anything accurate in my mind.

On my personal farm, I'm setting up a Field IQ on an FMX now. Looking forward to see how that operates compared to the GS2 rate controller. So far, the programming on the Field IQ is a breeze compared to the GS2.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)