AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK losing lock. Suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 4/26/2011 11:54 (#1745714 - in reply to #1745654)
Subject: RE: RTK losing lock. Suggestions?

Hillsboro, AL

CUBE - 4/26/2011 10:09 Verizon is strong here, so coverage is not the problem. I could make and recieve calls from all the places I was. Running an external cell antennae can only help on top of that.

Don't assume anything.  You could have a weak or intermittent reception problems on your modem.  The phone could be getting good reception while the modem is getting interference over the antenna cable.  Do you have a 2 way radio in the tractor?

I honestly don't know how to tell the modem to run off one tower or if it is even possible. I only saw the same Base ID once, and I don't know which base it was. On the WisCORS website the bases are identified by 4 letter designations, resembling the city they are located in, not numbers like the 750 gives me. I don't know if the correction signal we get from WISCORS is a network solution or a single base solution.

The mount point determines what you are using for signal (network or single station).  I looked at the Wisconsin DOT website.  It does not list the possible mount points.  Your location is not the best.  You are in the middle of 4 stations.  If your mount point is "Closest station" you could be bouncing back and forth between WAWN and WEBE.  You could be having a problem keeping enough "common" satellites with your base station.  I don't know what your topography is.  Do you have a lot of trees or hills that could block satellite signal?  Are you using Glonass?  If you are using a network (virtual) station, you will have to have common satellites with 4 (or more) stations. 

MX270A made a post once about fooling the modem into thinking it was somewhere it was not, and it took longer to get RTK, but I don't know where to get to a menu to try that. We are in the middle of a pair or maybe triangle of stations if you look at a map, but if it was bouncing between those stations, I should have seen only about 3 different numbers. I attached a map of the stations for fun. We are between WAWN and WEBE, on the north-south county line where it jogs a bit. Ben

You need to get your dealer involved (or someone that has experience) to trouble shoot this.  Before you can fix the problem, you have to know what the problem is.  It will require some diagnostic work to determine what is causing the signal droppage.  It may be cell signal or interference problems, it may be satellite number problems, it may be DOT computer network problems.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)