AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK losing lock. Suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CUBE
Posted 4/26/2011 11:09 (#1745654 - in reply to #1745633)
Subject: RE: RTK losing lock. Suggestions?

Dodge County, WI
Verizon is strong here, so coverage is not the problem. I could make and recieve calls from all the places I was. Running an external cell antennae can only help on top of that.

I honestly don't know how to tell the modem to run off one tower or if it is even possible. I only saw the same Base ID once, and I don't know which base it was. On the WisCORS website the bases are identified by 4 letter designations, resembling the city they are located in, not numbers like the 750 gives me. I don't know if the correction signal we get from WISCORS is a network solution or a single base solution.

MX270A made a post once about fooling the modem into thinking it was somewhere it was not, and it took longer to get RTK, but I don't know where to get to a menu to try that.

We are in the middle of a pair or maybe triangle of stations if you look at a map, but if it was bouncing between those stations, I should have seen only about 3 different numbers. I attached a map of the stations for fun. We are between WAWN and WEBE, on the north-south county line where it jogs a bit.

Ben

Edited by CUBE 4/26/2011 11:15

Attachments
----------------
Attachments map-wiscors.pdf (87KB - 100 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)