AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra vs Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2011 06:18 (#1745246 - in reply to #1744873)
Subject: RE: Integra vs Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I guess it depends on the individual. I have used and worked on Insights for several years and still feel more comfortable with them at times.

Last year, I temporarily installed an Integra in my 4720 in place of my Insight somewhat as a test. Everything worked fine. I was interested in seeing if the on screen lightbar would be useful for me (no automated steering). This is used to get on the right set of rows - all row crops.

The on screen lightbar worked but I still prefer using my standalone Raven as a guide for this.

I preferred using the Insight mainly because I had more experience with it.

On the other hand, we had a customer who traded in his Insight for an Integra because of the change in the screen layout. He likes to change his auto rates quite often based on the weed pressure he literally sees. I question the validity of this approach but that's his desire.

With the Integra he can have the rate selection menu slide to the left so that it is always visible while spraying. That way he can use the +/- feature quite easily to bump the rate up or down with the arrow keys. This was possible with the Insight but required several keys strokes which was difficult while actually spraying.

Edited by tedbear 4/27/2011 07:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)