AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Your Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 4/25/2011 22:46 (#1744928 - in reply to #1744125)
Subject: RE: Need Your Ideas

Chebanse, IL.....

You can use the Ravens to control flow from a JB ground (or whatever means) pump by creating a "bypass" back to the solution tank with this bypass controlled by the Raven control valve. I think this solution is simpler than utilizing a Rawson drive, which I'm also familiar with which would still need some type of flow meter.The flow meter in the bypass system I'm describing will still go in the line that delivers the product to the knives, or however you're going to put the product in/on the ground. We've done this before & it works. The minor problem is that you'll probably never get down to "0" application rate via the conroller. Of course, by saying this I don't mean that you can't put shut-off valves in-line. They should work fine. The flow control valve which will be controlled by the Ravens will open/close opposite to your demands. If you're demanding a high flow rate to the applicator, the Raven valve (now bypass) will have to close all the way & thereby force all fluid to the ground. If you require a very low flow rate (low gpm), then the Raven will open the valve allowing fluid to return to the solution tank. I'd make the return line as unobstructed as possible to allow good return flow if needed. If you need very low flow (gpm) rates or very hi flow rates, then you may also need to readjust the JB pump setting. Otherwise, a middle of the road setting will do. Remember the pump pulls harder on high settings & becomes more prone to slip. I'd also install a manual hand valve between the Rawson control valve & the solution tank...meaning downstream of the control valve. You may have to adjust that valve slightly for fine-tuning some rates.

Good luck!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)