AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is there any way to override a agleader implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2011 22:03 (#1744805 - in reply to #1744660)
Subject: RE: is there any way to override a agleader implement switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Many of the above solutions would work. Any time the implement switch informs the sytem that the planter is UP, the clutches will disengage. The trick is to fool the sytem temporarily into thinking that the planter is in planting position.

There are several ways this could be accomplished. Shutting the system completly down would work. Installing a temporary jumper or another switch in parallel would work also.

I have a Deere 1760 and was in the habit of spinning the drive wheel by hand to get some seeed on the ground after I unfolded the planter. I would just turn the contact tire by hand.

After I got clutches the system would disengage the clutches when the planter was up like it should. I have two real implement switches but also have a third momentary switch close to the contact tire, all three of these switches are wired in parallel.

I hold this momentary switch up with one hand which reengages the clutches and turn the contact tire by hand until I see a few seeds on the ground. I then release the switch and go back to the tractor and start planting for real.

I prefer the momentary switch as that way I don't forget to turn it back off. This does require turning the contact tire with one hand which is my case is not terribly difficult.

Along this line I had a customer who in very unusual situations (waterways I think) wanted to temporarily override the implement switch from the cab. I had him wire in a momentary switch like mine but it was in the cab. When he would see one of these unusual situations coming up, he would hold the momentary switch ON, which would overide the real implement switch(es). Again he could have used a toggle switch but then he might forget and leave it ON after passing through this spot.

Edited by tedbear 4/26/2011 08:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)