AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trimble!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trimbleguy
Posted 4/25/2011 17:24 (#1744193 - in reply to #1743821)
Subject: RE: trimble!!!!

SEQ, Australia
JAR - 4/26/2011 03:36

"They should be doing the installation, not you."

Some end users don't want their dealer to install the system.

Installing the system provides a great opportunity to learn. It also ensures the system gets installed the way the end user wants it installed. It also helps when there is an issue down the road.

Another issue is the dealer isn't always available when needed.

These are some valid points, but then the issue becomes "Who is responsible when the system fails because the installation is done poorly/incorrectly?" I'm am in no way suggesting that this would be the case everytime, and have seen so called "Dealer Installs" that I would be embarrassed & disgusted by had they been done by our techs. And going on how most of our customers are adverse to reading the User Guide, I wouldn't be counting on them reading and Installation & Cabling Guide properly (if at all) either. All that happens then is that a tech gets tied up doing the installation by phone, wasting more time and money than if he'd been there and done it himself, just because the customer wanted to save a few bucks.

Again, I am not painting everyone with the same brush here, I have a few customers that I am happy to send gear to for them to fit themselves, but only after I get to know them and their technical ability is up to scratch. I am not going to allow someone I've never heard of in a town 700km away the same luxury.

Our office used to get flooded with calls from customers that bought the original EZ-Guide Plus w/EZ-Steers from the AgLeader distributor here in Australia. They would receive their system in a box in the mail, put it in and then wonder why it didn't calibrate/drive well and then ring us to complain about it because "Well, you're Trimble, it's your fault!" The same thing happens now with guys buying cheap EZ-Guide 500's and CFX-750's from the USA rather than going through a dealer here. When it becomes a warranty issue - you are going to be s**t out of luck. We will still fix these units, but you're going to have to pay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)