AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new 750 and field IQ question on a case 3150
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2011 06:25 (#1743385 - in reply to #1743155)
Subject: RE: new 750 and field IQ question on a case 3150

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Little H - 4/24/2011 22:19

Installed a new 750 and field IQ and ezsteer on my case 3150. Running with my raven 460 controler, and can't get boom number 1 to work with the field IQ. Was told that there in a something in boom number 1 that don't let it work, and you have to jump two wires in the harness on the raven Was told it was pin #6 in the trimble harness but what wire is it in the raven harness what color? any one else had to do this?

Yes, I have run into this very problem. There is a diode in line with the boom switch that normally would control Boom #1 when it was run with the originial OEM switches in the machine. This diode was used on Boom #1 and had something to do with preventing backfeeding from the fenceline tip on that side.

With another system in charge of the booms (Ag Leader Direct Command, EZ-Boom or Field IQ) this diode is preventing the boom trigger signal from getting to the Boom #1 valve. This is because with these systems, the electricity working with the valves goes through the first section of the wiring in a reverse direction and the diode is preventing the signal coming in from the 16 pole connector from getting to Boom Valve #1. All other sections are OK, since they do not have the diode in them.

Your information is correct that this is Pin #6 in the Raven harness. In a generic Raven cable this wire would be black but may not be so in your harness. As I remember, the solution is to trace this wire backwards in the Case/Raven wiring and find the place where the diode is installed. Its been several years but I believe I found a way to bypass the diode in a way that it could be unbypassed so that the system could run with the original setup if desired.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)