AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some success with Cab Cam Cameras to CFX-750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/24/2011 05:16 (#1741544 - in reply to #1740636)
Subject: RE: Some success with Cab Cam Cameras to CFX-750

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes the braid that I mention is the shield wire and is tied to the black.

Since the wires are very small connecting to a weatherpak connector would be quite fragile. If the shield were broken with a three pole weatherpak, the shield would need to be connected to the black at that point. I'm not sure if any interference would creep in if non shielded were used for an extension. The shield connection is needed for video ground and probably serves as a shield as well. When I reverse engineered the DVD connection, the power pin was not used but the ground connection did go to the outer shell of the RCA plug that would plug into the DVD player. This would be necessary for Video Ground In.

With my Deutsch connector for the 750, I also have radar out, and an implement switch out set of wires. I put shrink wrap around the fragile camera wires and tied that video cable to the other more substantial wires with a tie band for support.

I'm of the opinion that red is power, black is power ground, braid is video ground and yellow is video signal with the Cab Cam wiring scheme.

Upon investigating the Ag Cam wiring scheme (they use a five pin connector), it appears that the video and power ground are tied together at the five pin plug. It appears that only three of the five pins are used here for our purposes. I concluded this from an Ag Leader wiring diagram from their website for using Ag Cam cameras with an Integra and also by observing an adapter to use the Ag Cam with a Trimble CFX-750.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2011 05:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)