AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some success with Cab Cam Cameras to CFX-750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2011 12:42 (#1740537)
Subject: Some success with Cab Cam Cameras to CFX-750

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Today I investigated the pinout for the Cab Cam system. This system uses 4 pole connectors. By reverse engineering the DVD player cable I was able to conclude which pins are for Video and Audio. Then by process of elimination figured the other two were power and ground so I just checked them with a voltmeter to determine which was which.

I cut the Camera 3 branch off of the originial wiring harness to have a stub cable to plug into the camera. I connected the cut ends to a 12 Pin Deutsch connector that plugs into Port A or Port B.

Here is the wiring pattern which is actually very logical. The yellow wire is the video signal and goes to Pin 7 of the Deutsch connector. The Black and braid wires are grounds and go to Pin 8 of the Deutsch connector. The red wire is power in and goes to Pin 9 of the Deutsch connector.

I just sniped the white wire as it is for audio which I didn't need.

I plugged it into Port A of a CFX-750 with a Cab Cam camera and plugged an Ag Cam camera with its proper adapter (they use a five pin plug) into Port B. I switched between the two cameras at will to try to determine if there was a difference in quality.

Here in the showroom I didn't see any advantage to the higher priced Ag Cam. Real world conditions might prove otherwise.

I have documentated the adapter for Ag Cam (5 pin connectors) adapter to a 750 if someone needs that information.

Ron was wondering about mix and match a week or so ago. I think this could be done at least in part with some universal connector scheme.

The wires are very small and fragile.

Edited by tedbear 4/24/2011 10:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)