AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 EZ Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/23/2011 06:22 (#1739995 - in reply to #1739806)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide 500 EZ Boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I guess you wouldn't have to to use an implement switch but there are times when it would be a good idea.

These might be rare instances but if you drove across an area with the planter UP, and the Master ON, no planting would take place since the planter is UP. However if later you wanted to plant that area it would be marked as having been planted. With an implement switch this would not have been marked. If you always remember to turn OFF the master then this wouldn't be a problem.

On the EZ-Boom 14 pin connector you can put a jumper betgween pins 11 & 14. Then run a wire from Pin 12 to an implement switch and another wire back to Pin 13. This new switch is in effect in series with the Master so no logging would take place unless the planter is down. Apparently this jumper "tells" the system to watch for an implement switch between Pins 12 & 13.

With the Field IQ, the setup also uses Pins 12 & 13. A jumper between 11 & 14 is not needed and would have no effect as there is no pin in spot #14. With Field IQ, a Menu setting is utilized to inform the system that you wish to use an implement switch.

Edited by tedbear 4/23/2011 08:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)