AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Gold from below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/22/2011 22:58 (#1739727 - in reply to #1738799)
Subject: Clarity of thoughts

Pittsburg, Kansas

You are right about it not doing any good to complain. I believe it does do some good to prepare though.

My reason for spending so much time answering questions and debating these issues is 1. when I am forced to write something down it tends to make me clarify my thoughts. I have a bad habit of thinking in general terms. I think I have decided something and thought it out but when it actually comes down to acting my thoughts are more "fuzzy" than I thought they were. By discussing stuff here on AgTalk I have to answer in as clear and concise of terms as I can and I have to write them down. I find this forces me to become very clear in my own thinking and helps me in that manner be more focused in my thoughts. When it comes time to act on something (like investments) I have a very clear position and act accordingly. 2. If my discussion helps someone else understand something they did not or better yet causes them to think new thoughts or in clearer terms then I have done someone else some good. It does not matter if they agree or disagree with me. What matters is that they come to their own conclusions with the best thoughts and logic they can muster.

There is no way everybody is going to agree on things and I'm sure glad they don't agree with everything I say. It would be a very lop sided market if everybody was on the same side of it. The important thing is we each make our individual decisions the best we can. I think these discussions help with that.

As long as they remain civil. LOL

John

Edited by John Burns 4/22/2011 23:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)