AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carry out stocks 2008 vs 2011 HMMMMMMMM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 4/16/2011 19:39 (#1727819 - in reply to #1727792)
Subject: UMMMM........one crop in 2008.................three or four in 2011..............big difference and

exact reason I have been saying for a long time that this thing is different than 2008..........................every other run up in prices in recent history have been batted down by our ability to produce ourselves out of a tight whole on ONE CROP (shift acres)..................if you believe we can shore up stocks in one growing season, then its all good and YOU WILL BE RIGHT....................however last time I checked, even if we use trendline yields and inflated USDA acreage numbers.................WE STILL COME UP SHORT ON CORN AND SOYA.....................AND HRW APPEARS TO BE F-ED...................

You gotta look at the whole picture................and the basis of my thesis from day one has revolved around increased wheat plantings due to world wheat issues..................followed by lower corn yields................followed by lower soya production.....................followed by the cotton story...................followed by we need more acres than we have...................followed by minimal demand rationing..............

But then again the fact you are so bearish Tara.................tells me that the Red River Valley is dry and ready to plant....................is it?????????????

EDIT: and YES THAT MEANS that if we would have a nice cushy corn OR soya carryout number and had the ability to shift acres to make up the short fall THEN this thing would be over.......................BUT

Edited by Mizzou Tiger 4/16/2011 19:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)