AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain cart question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 4/5/2011 00:38 (#1709240 - in reply to #1709208)
Subject: Re: Grain cart question

I use to have a 1210A cart that I took off the small airplane tires & put on 23.1x26 tires. IIRC the rims from an IH 915 combine has the same bolt pattern though the tires & rims I used came from a Ficklin cart that a local dealer had & sold to a guy that wanted bigger tires on it. ith the bigger tires the old 1210A pulled handled much easier. I originally pulled it with a 806 & latter a 1086 then a 7120. I traded that cart for an Unferferth 7000 that we pulled several years with a 7220 & later a JD 4640. As long as conditions were good we didn't have any problems with either tractor on the 7000 but had to watch how we loaded it when muddy.

As for cart scales, they can be handy but at times can be exasperating. We're currently running a J&M 1000 with "Weightronix" scales. Like prious poster said you need to load out on level ground for them to work best, gravel barnlot works best. We emptied a 17,000 bu bin with ours not long ago & the cart scales were off by 28 bu compared to the elevato's scales. Last fall, loading in the field, I seen the cart scales off by a 1,000# or more on a semi load one time & within a 100# the next. If I would have hair I would have pulled it out I was so aggravated at them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)