AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

McCartman, this one is for you...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 3/27/2011 13:51 (#1693201 - in reply to #1692534)
Subject: Re: McCartman, this one is for you...

Right, I understand what you are saying Paul - but sometimes it just takes an 800 lb gorilla like Apple to say "enough is enough" and put heat up web developer's tails to modernize their content. EVERYONE involved is in agreement that HTML5 is far better than flash. I can guarantee that had Apple agreed to support flash on their mobile devices, the switch to HTLM5 would not have progressed nearly as far as it has - and the suffering through flash would be extended even further. I applaud Apple for having the cahunas to stand up and say "YOU need to modernize". People are just like water or electricity - they will typically take the path of least resistance. If it is easy to maintain sites with flash rather than rebuild them with HTML5, they will choose to leave flash in place. Apple, with its huge mobile user base, is putting a dam up in front of flash - and forcing them to rethink things. You may not get "water" now, but before long you will get more and better water than ever before. Imagine how quickly the web would make the switch if Android refused to support flash too? They are simply extending the agony.

This is not the first thing like this by a long shot that Apple has been criticized for. The first iMac was absolutely RIDICULED for not having a floppy drive - but it wasn't but a year or two and all new computers ditched them unless ordered specifically by the customer. Apple rides the bleeding edge - some users don't like that - but I like to see someone dragging the industry into the future by their hair.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)