AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It is time to finally dump Microsoft Windows XP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

d4dave1
Posted 3/26/2011 12:34 (#1691275 - in reply to #1690742)
Subject: RE: It is time to finally dump Microsoft Windows XP

Edson, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the post bwire.
 At the very least it is thought provoking, at the best it makes some cogent arguments for leaving XP behind. I am probably a rare critter as I have never ran XP as my personal OS. Nothing against it, it was just the way my computer purchases went over time. I ran Win ME in the past and am currently running Vista and I had no more issues running either one than I have running Win 2000 or Win XP on company computers. Vista has been a very good OS for me. My personal belief is that Win ME made me a "better" computer user, more knowledgeable, able to fix my own computer issues and more inclined to read tech articles and pursue more tech info on line.

I think Microsoft et al would be doing the world a favour if they could find a way for companies to upgrade their computer networks at an affordable price even if the rest of us still have to pay regular retail. In metaphorical terms companies changing OS regularly would be the "earthquake" behind the "tsunami" that would cause the rest of the world to change and stay current. It is the mass use of technology that both spurs new ideas as well as creates demand for new technology and having "everyone" current would lend itself to even greater advances imho.

In my spare time I do some instructing for a college up here and I am still using XP in my computers course. Their justification is that "a lot of business still use XP". My response was "At one time a lot of business did NOT use computers but that did not justify not teaching computer courses in the college."
I plan to forward this article to my college supervisor.
Regards,
Dave.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)