AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geothermal heat and ac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/25/2011 08:37 (#1689011 - in reply to #1688967)
Subject: RE: do you really think....

central - east central Minnesota -

derby - 3/25/2011 07:14

that after a person has spent 10,s of thousands of $ on geo. that you are going to get a honesty answer. Here in Canada I know serveral people who have installed geo. and there hydro bill has doubled, and here in Canada they expect hydro to ten fold, to help pay for all the higher rates being paid for solar and wind turbines that people are putting up and being paid ten times more then what we are paying for hydro now. So that tell me that hydro will be a lot more down the road.

It obvioulsy depends on energy sources . . .   and power companies. But,
Yes, I would say answers are honest.
The geo system is in my daughters home down the road from our house. Not a fair comparison as their new 3000 sq ft home has closed cell foam insulation, but their electric / heating bill is less then our electric heating bill in our 1400 sq ft older rambler home on natural gas heat . . . . .  They have the potientail to use more electric then we do in our home  - 3 of them and only 2 of us.
Seems as the price of oil propane natural gas goes up, so does electric costs, but the off peak or geo rates are less and in some cases much less then those other sorces of energy  . . . .

Edited by iseedit 3/25/2011 08:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)