AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possible Motorola plans to ditch Android
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 3/24/2011 22:43 (#1688424 - in reply to #1688312)
Subject: Re: Possible Motorola plans to ditch Android

I've never owned a BB but have messed around on a couple briefly so you can take this for what it's worth. The OS is really lousy on them in comparison to iOS and Android. I think that Android is lousy in comparison to iOS, but the BB was not very good at all, IMO. This also seems to be everyone's gripe about them out in the wild too - when comparing smartphones. BB was way too slow to get rid of the troublesome trackball and the fidgity little trackpad and go to a full touchscreen too.

Physical keyboards - my Droid had the option of using either a slide-out KB or the virtual KB. This was one feature that was supposed to make it an "iPhone killer" since it would appeal to BB owners who like the physical KB's. In reality, very few people use them and most of the newer phones have gone to virtual KB's same as iPhone. They do take some getting used to - but most people, after making the adjustment, then prefer virtual. If you go with an iPhone, the virtual KB will also "learn" your typing habits. For example, if it notices that there is a certain key that you have a habit of not hitting square on and have to back up to retype it, it will "learn" this habit and expand the screen area for that key so you are more apt to hit it the first time. Android does not have this feature. While I didn't have too many problems typing on the Droid, I have found that I make fewer typing mistakes on the iPhone - probably because of this feature.

Functionality - there are 350,000+ apps in the iTunes App Store for the iPhone. When they say "There is an app for that", they aren't joking.

PTT - there is an app for that! ;)

http://heytell.com/

Heytel is a cross-platform PTT app, free of charge, free to use. You can PTT to any iPhone or Android user anywhere in the world - plus bring a map up in the app to pinpoint where the other person is at. There are a couple of other users of it on AgTalk and we all like it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)