AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Android Rant-UPDATE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

BSchroeder
Posted 3/16/2011 11:04 (#1673186)
Subject: Android Rant-UPDATE

Devils Lake, ND
Some of this may be unfair, but I don't care. I'm mad. The iPhone fanboys will eat this up.

1) Autocorrect. How do I turn this goddam I mean god damp I mean stupid thing off?

2) It goes into car mode if I put it in my holster upside down. Not a problem except caller ID doesn't work in car mode.

3) Half the time me Blue Parrott headset works when I use voice commands and half the time it doesn't.

4) The Missed Call app, the same one I had with my Droid 1, doesn't work.

5) The "Read my caller ID" app says "Incoming call from John Smith" two times after I answer the phone.

6) Handcent randomly pops up text messages from two days ago.

7) Contacts randomly displays the email addresses of total strangers it pulls off of email I have received.

8) It doesn't turn the screen off when you are on the phone and you invariably hit bottoms when on a call.

9) I recently upgraded from a Droid 1 to a Droid 2 and it's only marginally faster when browsing 3G. As it is, it's half as fast as my laptop with an air card.

Some of these things may be setting issues and I would appreciate help with those. But most are just Android glitches. It got a lot worse when I upgraded from a Droid 1 to a Droid 2.

ETA: At the moment it is displaying !,?, @ and _ in the bottom bar and autocorrecting without giving me the option of using the word I typed, and want.

ETA 2: Now autocorrect works. This is bullish, bullsh, crap.

UPDATE:

You can turn off auto correct. Settings > Device Keyboard > Turn off Auto-correct Errors. You can do the same for the Multi-touch keyboard.

Edited by BSchroeder 3/17/2011 12:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)