AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hydro doors vs overhead doors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 3/13/2011 21:18 (#1668653 - in reply to #1668431)
Subject: Re: hydro doors vs overhead doors

#2son - 3/13/2011 19:07

A hydro door cost approximately $10000 and i just put a 24x16 overhead door for $3500 with an opener. The hydro door cost more then twice what an overhead door. I would rather have an overhead door and would take the loss just to get rid of it' I hate it that bad.

What size hydro door are do you have just want to make shure we are comparing apples to apples here because if you paid 10K for a 24x16 hydro door you got screwed big time because I bought a 30x16 from Hydroswing for 5K that never got delivered and then purchased one from Crown Industries for 6k that is finished and ready to pick up which I will be doing just as soon as the roads clean off and dry up as I do not want to get my new door full of salt. And even if you include install and tin to cover the door it will be less than 7K complete, I for one would like to know what kind of overhead 24x16 door you bought for 3500 installed because even thought i have not priced an overhead door for a long time the last one a 18x14 for a shop door as over 4K installed back in 1997. Dennis SEND

Just got done reading your rant in another post where you state that you have a 30 x14 hydro door and are compairing the cost to a 24x16 overhead door have you ever priced a 30' overhead door cost will be at least double if not more going from a 24' to a 30' door, by the way did you have a bad experence today with you door or what, because for some reason it appear it is all out bash hydro door day for you or something oh by the way I had to chop ice today so I could get a set of sliding doors open also so maybe I should start compaining about how crappy sliding doors are!!

Edited by Dennis SEND 3/13/2011 22:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)