AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Get a new cultivater- what a joke...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 3/12/2011 19:16 (#1666604 - in reply to #1665942)
Subject: RE: Get a new cultivater- what a joke...

North Central Illinois
I understand your frustration about finally having the cash to pay for a big purchase you need and not being able to get it. That sucks. Why blame the dealer or the young salesman? The implement manufacturers started making farm equipment as it was ordered some time ago. There were many reasons for this but the biggest reason was so they didn't have millions of dollars of equipment sitting around with no home. Dealers can't afford to floor plan a bunch of machinery that they may or may not sell and the companies never wanted to do that they always made the dealer do it. The funny part is that about the time they moved that direction is when commodity prices took off. The guy wasn't yanking your chain or blowing you off. If its not available its not available. I wasn't there so I don't know what his demeanor was but if he was disrespectful talk to the owner. Equipment is tight and will remain that way. If you decide to buy spur of the moment you will have to settle for used or be willing to travel a long distance if you should happen to find what you want in captivity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)