AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Get a new cultivater- what a joke...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RonA
Posted 3/12/2011 14:48 (#1666269 - in reply to #1666176)
Subject: Re: Get a new cultivater- what a joke...

Ontario
I worked on our family farm for 20 years after leaving school, before becoming an agg salesman so my perspective was allways very farmer orientated. But allways treated everybody with respect, young and old, if we didnt have what they wanted or couldnt deliver pointed them at who did, its the Public Relations role that often leads to future sales. I wrote in a diary info about customers which team they supported ? what they were into shooting, fishing or whatever, Going into their yards maybe 6 months a year later and asking them if they were in a good mood as there team had won, bit of chat about their interests gave it a personel touch. the extra effort paid divendends. what you sow is what you reap, In regard to selling big dollar items to sons yes did that BUT checked it was ok with their dads first, (in a casual way) didnt want some farmer going balistic screaming why had I just sold their young son $100,000 worth of tractor, which they didnt need. I was probably lucky, I could hand over the paperwork to the office, and just keep selling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)