AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone near Sumitt, SD? I'm stranded at the truck stop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kwc27
Posted 3/12/2011 12:13 (#1666068 - in reply to #1665933)
Subject: Re: Anyone near Sumitt, SD? I'm stranded at the truck stop

My roommate works for a seed company and was stuck in Lake City, SD, in the bar there. Him and about fifteen others. He said it wasn't even a bar, just a cafe/grocery store that served beer. There were others in the bar that were stranded two miles from home! He was averaging something like SIX MPH! He had his window down to see what was going on so he ended up with wind burned face and lips. Was sitting on a road around 9 PM last night when some people in a car who knew where they were came up behind him and told him where they were going so they made it to the bar.

He couldn't sleep and took off around 4:30 this morning and met a drift on a state highway taller than the hood of his pickup so he had to take gravel roads around. Tried to get a motel at 6 AM in Sisseton but they were booked up so he got some coffee and breakfast and headed down back to Arlington. Once he got going, he was able to do the speed limit and then some. Finally showed up around 9:30. Says it was the worst night of his life. Was a good night for me to be sitting in my chair at home.

Said it woulda been better if that bar had served whiskey, then he coulda slept lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)