AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Get a new cultivater- what a joke...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

biggrntractor
Posted 3/12/2011 11:42 (#1666006 - in reply to #1665923)
Subject: Re: Get a new cultivater- what a joke...

Northern Illinois
I think a guy needs to get a thicker skin. Possibly these salesmen may mis judge you as a tire kicker. I wouldn't let it bother you and move on to a place that wants your business, earns your business and will strive to keep your business. YOU are the boss. My temperature was hot to trade a 8430 in for a 8345R. Spoke to a salesman at Kliene Equip. about a lease return or 1 yr. flipper. The salesman promised to get back me in a day or two. Never heard back from him. So F him. I wouldn't want to buy a tractor from Kline if that is their philosophy. I found a 345 with 280 hrs. IVT,ILS etc and bought it the same week. Wanted to try a 9870 and wanted to trade our 9770. Saw Arends had a nice low low hour one. Talked to one of the new owners. He was crying about he had several year old 9770 coming in on trade. F him, I have no time for whiners. Looking for a late model 9300 ripper. Stollers had a 2 yr. old one. Took a hour ride out in the country to look at it. We pulled up, I saw it in the barn,I asked the salesman if he wanted to get out or just leave. He asked why? Simply 07 and later the disc frame was painted black and those have the bearing, seals and grit guard updates and the closer arm updates. We got out and he said he thought it was a couple of years old but had no idea what the serial number was or where it was located. I showed him it is located on the frame by the left wheel. If I recall it was a 12000 serial which put it at a 01 or 02. Good for the guy who traded it. BUT F him. I have no time for a senile old ba-tard who has no idea what he is representing. I had to look awhile but found a year old one at a good price at Arnold's in St. Cloud. But I would guess someone up there would give Arnold's the MF'er but they treated me good. The worst part of the Stoller deal is on my way home I had the window down and I had one of those What the heck stinks. You know, you pull the collar of you shirt up, you sniff your arm pit. No not that. Maybe I am just driving by something. Down the road still smelling something. Pulled over got out of the truck look around. Check my boots, they have deep tread. The guy had sandy gravel in the barn where the 9300 was and apparently it was a cat bomb drop zone. My treads were packed full of cat shirt. It was all over the floor mat. I drove to the next town, to the car wash and washed my boots and floor mats. Anyway this is turning into a rant but remember times are good and the salesman forget who pays their salary. Bad times bring good times but some time it could go the other way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)