AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7.3 starting problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben
Posted 3/8/2011 19:39 (#1658607)
Subject: 7.3 starting problem

North Mo.
On our 2000 super duty went to town 1 week ago parked it came back in about 5 hours and went to start it. Turned the key blank turned it again this time all the dash lights came on a buzzing noise but started. I thought what the heck drove over to JD dealer and like a nut shut it off. Came back in a few minutes and it refused to fire like no fuel. Had it towed to a shop they charged the batteries and it started well yes the batteries should have been low as just the other night I had cranked the heck out of it at the JD dealers. No codes came up and I drove it off and on for the next week. So Sunday was at church came out yep no start. Got a ride to farm store bought a can of ether came back and I think it started before even the ether hit.
My thinking is I found the positive connection on the last battery in bad shape, and I think maybe it is losing juice right when you try starting the engine and shutting down the fuel pump. Any thoughts and also where can you get replacement ends for the cables, as this isn't your ordinary cable end? Ben
It has had the update cam position sensor. thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)