AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

McCartaman are you out of date? :-)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 2/26/2011 12:33 (#1637373 - in reply to #1637339)
Subject: Re: McCartaman are you out of date? :-)

dpilot83 -  (yes, even my iPod Touch seems happier if I restart it from time to time).

Yep, I agree with that statement. I had to reboot my iPod Touch once in awhile too. I've been running this iPhone since 2/9 and not had to reboot yet, but I'm sure the day will come. I'd say that I averaged about once/month on my iPod. I never had to reboot my Droid since it mysteriously did that all on its own a couple of times a week. Perhaps Google ought to be calling that a feature rather than a bug.  ;)  I can say though, that it rarely happened while I was using it. Usually it would spontaneously reboot while just sitting on my desk asleep. I think it may have suffered from sleep apnea!  LOL!

As for Thunderbolt/Light Peak - I've been kind of keeping an eye on this since first hearing about it a couple of years ago. Everything I have read has said it was a collaborative effort between Apple and Intel. Apple no doubt could have developed it on their own, but figured with Intel being involved, it would be more widely accepted and adopted by other manufacturers. This was probably done to try and prevent what happened with Firewire. I have a Firewire port on this iMac and only use it for transferring digital video from a camcorder I have had for a few years. I seldom use it anymore since video from smartphones is almost as good today as that old camcorder. Light Peak will eventually become a fiber optic thing, rather than copper from what I have read about it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)