AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

McCartaman are you out of date? :-)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/26/2011 12:11 (#1637339 - in reply to #1636516)
Subject: Re: McCartaman are you out of date? :-)

McCartman - 2/25/2011 22:54

I suppose you are right. Once a user learns Control+Alt+Delete they are all set for Windows.  ;

That comment made me hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete on my Windows 7 machine to see what it does. It doesn't start the task manager but it does give you the option of starting the task manager if you are so inclined. It also gives you the option to lock the computer, switch users, log off, change passwords or cancel.  I will admit that I have had to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete on this machine either once or twice. Since I installed Windows 7. I don't even remember why. Anyways, I've had Windows XP, Windows Vista and now Windows 7 on it. Also Ubuntu I guess. Ctrl+Alt+Delete was quite rare on any operating system that has been on this computer. For that matter, even restarting the computer has been pretty rare. I would imagine that I currently restart my computer about as often as I restart my iPod Touch (yes, even my iPod Touch seems happier if I restart it from time to time).

Anyways, back on topic, I'm pretty excited that there looks to be some new hardware on the horizon. It looks like to me that it's pretty hard to say (your article is not anything close to proof in my eyes) that Apple or Intel started it. But if Apple did, then that's great. I hope it is as good as they say it is. It seems like often times a new highly touted standard doesn't turn out to be all it could have been. An example from the Apple side (I believe anyways) is Firewire. I don't think I've ever used Firewire although for awhile I hoped it would catch on because it sounded like a good deal. Hopefully this isn't the same.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)