AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My worst video yet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHIO-FARMBOY®
Posted 6/17/2007 17:34 (#163601 - in reply to #163363)
Subject: RE:Ed and Ron

South-Western Ohio

Was great seeing Ed last night at Wilmingtons GN pull.Supprising we live so close,but hardly ever meet.Ed,now we need to get J.B to quit lurking?.

Ron,i saw your post below and was going to reply there,but will  do so  here since you moved it up.I'm not much help on your question,but i'll tell you what i heard and know.

About the 300 lbs overweight,they made 2 more passes last night with it,both pulls were great.His 1st run was right after the RN Mod class and he had changed his tires to regulur 30.5x32 double cut Firestones,the run looked and sounded good to me.Something about  the older or regulur 30.5's is they are about 2-300 lbs lighter than  the Puller 2000's.His 2nd pull was at the very end of pull last night and he changed back to the 2000's and made another nice run.

Now here is where i am confused,i always thought from what i have read about the new Puller 2000's is they weigh around 2-300 lbs more per pair than double cut 30.5's.The announcer though stated last night that the tires are 2-300 lb heavier each  rather than pair?.So i don't really know,plus never talked to anyone last night that  really knew for sure.Another thing the  announcer said right before his last pull at the  end of the event is Roberts ran 24.5x32 tires on Friday night?.That to me sounds fishy and i think the announcer  had his tire sizes confused as Roberts made his last test pull following the Pro-Stock tractors which run the 24's.I never did hear anything about what the tractor weighed each time he pulled.Maybe they said and i missed it,but i sure didn't hear it said.Like you i am curious about this new tractor and if he can get it down to weight?.

From what i seen looking at the tractor in person,i can't find 300  extra pounds to lose.It is already about bare bones as you could get.Maybe  a lighter fender setup,drill  a few more holes here and there and run the old 30.5 tires might get him down to  the right weight?.Also it has no paint or and decals and if you think about it,the paint weighs more than you would think(2 gallons of paint = close to 20lbs,add in a couple gal of primer,decals etc might = 50lbs,thats how close he is i think on making this work.He is running what looks  to be a Banter or  Eder type wedge frame.Not sure if a tube style  Engler frame  would be lighter or heavier?.

I never got to talk to any of Roberts crew,so i have no real answers other than speculations and what other people were saying.One thing for sure is this new  tractor sure has peoples interest perked up,myself included.I didn't take any pics of it as  there seems to  be enough pics of it already floating around.What i really want to see is how it will perform against the other UNL tractors?.I think you have my email if you want to email me or use my email in my profile,i  just don't check my  yahoo mail othen.Randy.

Hey Ed,it's thundering here.Please oh Please rain!!!!!!!!!!!. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)