AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much does the name cost for a semi truck?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron/PA
Posted 6/17/2007 13:25 (#163519 - in reply to #163436)
Subject: Re: How much does the name cost for a semi truck?

Having driven for 30+ years, I've driven most brands. For dependability it was always Mack head and shoulders above the rest. There was only one time in 2 million miles that a Mack would have made me walk home, and that was a broken camel back spring. The prestige just wasn't there, which didn't matter to me. Next in line for dependability was the international. they worked well and were reasonable to maintain.
I've driven a few Pete, 379's and and several versions of KW, and while the were nice units they didn't warrant the price.
Fast forward 20 years and I'm running a Sterling. The company gave me the option to order a Pete 379, but the nearest dealer, (Pocono Peterbuilt) treated me like a red headed step child, and their truck came in over 2300 lbs heavier than my Sterling. They couldn't guarantee delivery of a CAT engine for at least 8 months. I ordered another Sterling, (Formerly Ford/Currently Freightliner)
While I like to keep my truck looking good, no matter who owns it, I have to continually go back to performanc and down time vs up time.
Wish I could tell you more, especially about Macks, but I'm kind of out of the loop now that I'm driving other folks trucks.
Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)