AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Toys and Carpet Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcs
Posted 2/24/2011 16:34 (#1633537 - in reply to #1633403)
Subject: RE: Farm Toys and Carpet Farms

Oklahoma
Outback, Bossen Implement, and Action Farm toys are probably the 3 I use. Moores Farm toys also has some accessories but not really for playing with. I collect and build some but nothing too serious in my opinion.

As for stuff a kid can play with, my parents got some astro turf and an old metal chicken carrier with a sliding door to make a barn. They set all that on the front porch on an old table at the kids height for the grandkids to play. They have also made some barns out of scrap metal and plywood, just using imagination.

I built my kids a 1/64 barn out of 1/4 plywood. It has a floor in it and a small area around it for them to drive on but it is kept in the house. I beveled edge where they can drive up on it off the carpet and not unhook everything they are pulling most of the time. Also made a grain elevator out of bolting some PVC pipe together. They have added storage through "christmas presents" of grain bins from the dealers listed above. They pretty much keep the 1/64 stuff inside and bigger stuff goes to their "sandbox" that is just an area of bare dirt. The engineering they can do in that dirt area with a few farm toys and some scrap pvc pipe they find is amazing.

One other thing, in your area, there are lots of toy shows, try to take her to one of those. Should be able to find a listing of shows in the area on either Toy Farmer website or in a Toy Farmer magazine.

Edited by jcs 2/24/2011 16:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)