AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS, Mapshots, FarmWorks ............???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

wildcat1000
Posted 2/22/2011 17:56 (#1629430 - in reply to #1629156)
Subject: Re: SMS, Mapshots, FarmWorks ............???

C IL
Farmworks will have the accounting functions as well as mapping and field management. I am more of a debit/credit man, so the icons/methods of Farmworks accounting are not as easy for me. I find it a little hard to use the "one entry" type of software where one entry will take care of financial and field management, because you usually don't have all the detailed information available when you want to enter an invoice and print a check. Farmworks now is more integrated with Trimble, so there will likely be lots of innovations if you have Trimble guidance equipment.

Mapshots has very few accounting functions. Not really considered accounting software. It is pretty powerful with field management, etc.

I am not familiar with SMS.

IMHO, there are lots of really smart people working on all this software. It is just unbelievable how much programming work it takes to get all the features we all want.

My long time rant about software is that the software companies know how to explain their software features, but they many times fail to explain how each feature can be used to solve a farm problem, and which feature is used "next" in the process.

For example, how would you go about training a city person how to use a tractor? You could explain how all the levers in the cab work, and all the gears. However, the city person would likely ask when to use a slow gear, when to use a fast gear, when to use the 3 point hitch, when to use the separate brake pedals, how do you know what the correct throttle setting is, etc.

Good luck in your search!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)