AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Satillite Radio...GGRRRR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/15/2007 07:00 (#162607 - in reply to #162331)
Subject: RE: Satillite Radio...GGRRRR....an example????

Chebanse, IL.....

We added XM radios this spring to a few vehicles. XM had some very good deals (to me anyway) on their Roady units not tied to any subscriptions. We mounted the Roady brackets in just about everything we have (except 4020 w/fender mount radio) & move the Roady around as needed. They work great, we're very happy. Actually, I like the Roady unit better than my XM enabled radio in my pickup!!

I did all this following posts here last winter. Someone then also suggested "commercials" being heard. Well, I'd say we've got many hundreds of hrs of XM listening under out belts now and I've yet to hear what I would normally call a commercial on the bonafide XM channels. The only time I hear a commercial is on one of the MLB (baseball) channel which are satellite feed of the am radio stations, from what I can tell. In my case, I am a Chicago Cubs fan. WGN radio (Chicago) does all Cubs b-casts, but often it's much clearer channel (esp if travelling AWAY from Chicago!) to listen to that same game on XM. Now, since they are simply playing the same feed, you will hear SOME of the commercials there. However, I notice they take out the WGN station identifier spots. Otherwise, it's Pat Hughes & Ron Santo just like always.

Other stations we (I) listen to are:

ALL country oriented stations (especially classic country for me, Willies Place!!)

Era stations, 1940s (ch 4, their REbroadcasts of D-Day radio was just great, I thought), 1950s (ch 5), 1960s (ch 6), 1970s (wanna guess?), 1980s.

Comedy stations

So-where are these commercials? Give me a channel & I'll go there & listen for a while, as long as it's not heavy metal music or rap or something. I won't go there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)