AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polyethylene Tank Repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

catdriver
Posted 6/14/2007 21:12 (#162466 - in reply to #162459)
Subject: Re: Polyethylene Tank Repair

I took a vertical tank that had a crack on the very top where we had used a 5 gallon pail as a lid. Well someone forgot to take the pail out before pumping out 7-21-7 and the top collapsed. The next mistake was to force the top up with a bar thru the fill hole and lo and behold it cracks the tank in several different spots. Well off to buy a new tank because I will not haul fertilizer with a cracked tank. The old tank sat for several years waiting to heal it self. Sure didn't happen, but a person I knew said he could weld these things so off we go to have it fixed. After several days he calls and says he tried different plastic welding procedures and nothing worked. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. When I was coming through town to bring it home I stopped off for some JB Weld figuring what the heck. I am only going to be putting water in the tank and if it doesn't work all I am out is the JB Weld. Well I veed out the cracks with the hand held grinder, mixed up the JB Weld and let it do its thing and the tank has been hauling water with no cracks for the last 5 years. So maybe JB weld would work for your situation also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)