AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New GM Vehicle Oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 2/18/2011 14:24 (#1621483 - in reply to #1621184)
Subject: RE: New GM Vehicle Oil

nc IA
I just dropped off my wifes Saturn Outlook, a 2008 model we've owned since new, for new timing chains this morning. I had the inital oil change done at 2,000 miles, it got Mobil 1 synthetic at that point and kept getting it every 5-6K since up to two oil changes ago the dealership no longer carried Mobil 1 and only had Northland Syntheic oil, the last two times now I've supplied the dealer with my own AMSOIL full syntheic and a WIX oil filter. Oil life on this last one which was right around 5,000 miles IIRC was still showing 37% or so earlier this week. I should get it back in a week to week and a half. 38,700 miles on it now. This is the first issue we've had with it since we got it. Wife loves the vehicle for space, ride, AWD in the winter. From the research I did the 2007,08,09's are the affected model years for this 3.6 motor, a supplier / chain was switched sometime in the 09/10 area and the new chains (along with replacement chains) are supposed to solve the issue. I find issue with a high quality sythetic oil being changed at these intervals being the root cause. Soft steel chains seems to be more reasonable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)