AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New GM Vehicle Oil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 2/18/2011 11:20 (#1621247 - in reply to #1621184)
Subject: Re: New GM Vehicle Oil

Alberta, Canada
This 3.6L of GM's seems to have had its fair share of problems at least in the past. For 2010 they could be all fixed I don't know. But from reading online they are sensitive with thier oil and oil changes. Seems people were following the GM oil moniter ... but on these engines GM found the oil breaks down too quickly so they had a reflash of the ECM or something to shorten the oil changes. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=8815.0 as they have issues with timing chains stretching and going out of spec. Doesn't see to matter if you use synthetic or dino oil either both have to be changed following the old rule of thumb 3000 miles to be safe. I know other engines with synthetic you can really extend oil changes but not on these engines from what GM and customers are saying. Now it sounds like GM is using a newer blend of oil for it, so I'd make sure what ever you use meets those specs.

There is loads of info on this issue on the net with the 3.6 in caddy's and GM's SUV's. What I gathered from all of it is change your oil sooner than later, use GM filters and keep all reciepts.

Edited by Larry in AB 2/18/2011 11:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)