AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9610 Yield Monitor Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BHTN
Posted 6/13/2007 11:28 (#161869)
Subject: 9610 Yield Monitor Question

West Tennessee
Sorry I tried this on precision talk without result and I'd really like to figure out if what I'm seeing is correct or not. I'm using the silver wedge box processor and the elevator mount mass flow sensor but no mapping. In the past yield readings have been VERY erratic and basically no good. Well I'm back to trying to get this thing going again in the wheat this time. I took the mass flow sensor out before we started and cleaned it really well. I even flexed it and moved the plunger thing back and forth a little. When I originally setup the monitor for soft red wheat it came up with a calibration factor of 400. Things started out pretty normal with yield readings all over the board. One day I decided to make a big change to the calibration factor and put it at 200. (I didn't have my scale so I didn't try and calibrate). Suddenly the yield readings seemed to make a little more sense. Today I got the scale going and attempted to calibrate a few loads. It's very close but not as close as I thought it might be. Here are the weights I'm getting and I changed the calibration each time. Are these differences about right? These are going to be like 3 to 5% off. I thought this thing should be closer, but I am glad that I seem to be closer than I was before. I guess the cleaning knocked something loose. TIA.

1st Combine reading=7,451lbs, Scale=7,650lbs Difference =(199)
2nd 8,975 , 9,390 , (415)
3rd 10,860 , 10,560 , 300
4th 13,353 , 12,890 , 463
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)