AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

greenstar variable rate planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

younginitiative
Posted 2/4/2011 20:57 (#1593557 - in reply to #1592354)
Subject: Re: greenstar variable rate planting

We are running a 1790 with SeedStar 1 and the GS2. What I have found is that a population change (entered manually) on the GS1 (hooked in line with the GS2) shows a near immediate change in population, but a prescribed rate change from the GS2 to the GS1 to the 1790 has the serious lag time that you are talking about. What I do not know is whether it really takes that long to adjust or if it's just a slow computer. After putting in the 20/20 this last spring it seems there is a little bit of each, but the best idea would be to count population after emergence on a zone boundary.

As far as the look ahead Noland is correct. I'm not a fan of look-ahead seconds because any time you adjust your speed the amount of time to anticipate the change in zones changes! Besides that, it's a hydraulic motor changing a pretty small increment so I don't believe for a second that it's not mechanically capable of changing faster. Precision Planting seems to have overcome this problem by averaging your speed and adjusting on the go. This doesn't solve everything, but their demonstrations of RowFlow seemed to be pretty accurate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)