AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cables for AgLeader?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2011 08:25 (#1589878 - in reply to #1589161)
Subject: RE: Cables for AgLeader?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nstein - 2/2/2011 19:39

Has there been any discussion on how to make your own cables for AgLeader equipment?  The price of the adapters seems a bit high.  Although they look pretty - if I could make them for a few hundred bucks less then I could live with ugly ones. 

Any thoughts/ideas?

I'm a farmer myself and also a guy who makes these cables for my off the farm job. I'm often surprised at the price of some of these cables. I'm at times embarassed by the amount I need to charge for these cables.

Once you dig into researching the wiring pattern, securing the proper connectors, wire, covering, special tools etc. along with the time it takes to make the cables, not too mention the failure possibility, it soon becomes evident why some of these harnesses are expensive.

Some companies seem to have the philosophy that "we've got ya" and charge extreme prices. In defense of Ag Leader they seem to have the philosophy of "You've bought our product and we should support you" with fair (relative term) prices. In many cases, the Ag Leader cables are cheaper than I could make them myself.

The price of the connectors especially when purchased in small quantities is considerable.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2011 13:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)