AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E7 Mack engine and Mack in general
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 2/1/2011 10:24 (#1585346 - in reply to #1584755)
Subject: Re: E7 Mack engine and Mack in general

Leesburg, Ohio
We have had several Macks, and I liked them all. Started with a 237 and five speed , all Mack. Pulled a 30' trailer locally OK, but I wouldn't have wanted to go to the city with one. Had an '89 R model with a 350 and the Mack 9 speed that was my favorite. Still have an '85 with the 350 and the Mack 12 speed (not the two stick) that we recently put a dump bed on...still starts good and good power. Also still have an '03 CH613 with the 427. We pull a Timpte hopper and it handles the hills going to the river in Cincy just fine. I do not like the Fuller 10 speed in it, though. Nice drive, nice riding truck. It actually rides nicer than our two Petes. The petes have more power, and I really like the 13 speed transmissions, but they definately ride rougher than the Mack. We have had less trouble with the Macks than with the Petes...nothing major either way, and the Petes have a few more miles, but have had to replace alot of minor stuff on the Petes. Bottom line...we like our Petes, but would buy another Mack.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)