AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foltz or Morton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/30/2011 11:57 (#1581191 - in reply to #1578629)
Subject: Re: Foltz or Morton

southern MN
In my situation, the local lumber yards supply material, but you find your own crew. Or they suggest someone, but I guess I'm not 'out & about' enough to know people & know who's good and who's not.

I see such sheds going up, and they seem to fall down first. I'm sure one can spec a much better building, the fallen over buildings are just too-cheap neighbors! But I see these buildings seem to take a year to finish. The local lumber yard runs out of material, the local crews spread out a little much & have to 'come back later' to finish those doors, or soffets, or....

Went to a farm show and visited with about a dozen regional builders. Very few had anyone knowlegeble sitting at the booth.

Talked to some that seemed like my kind of place, seemed to be a nice building. I'm still waiting for them to contact me for a bid - that was 20 months ago.....

Morton was the only place that offered a sturdy building and talked to me.

What else is a person to do??????? They had me an offer the day of the show, they visited me within a week, the matireals were there 2 months later, and the 2-4 man crew put it up in less than 7 days, nothing to come back & touch up.

I don't know about Foltz so I can't really comment to the original question.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)