AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

verizon air card
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dirtdr3
Posted 1/20/2011 09:24 (#1560497 - in reply to #1558713)
Subject: RE: verizon air card

BSchroeder - 1/19/2011 12:04

dirtdr3 - 1/18/2011 11:48
The actual download speed of Verizion or US Cellular is about the same as Wildblue, while the upload is 10X-18X faster. The difference is the ping time. Ping is 10-13X longer with wildblue. So my research and trying card out shows if we are browsing the internet, the Aircards are much faster. However if you download a TV show off of I-Tunes, the Wildblue will get done first.

If 3G is your fastest option for internet, you need to move to town. I went cheap two years ago and cancelled my cable internet with the intention of using the Verizon aircard I already had. I stuck it out for 18 months and finally had my cable internet hooked back up. It's the best $$80 I spend every month.

Sorry to hijack.

If the phone company wasn't so damn stubborn , it wouldn't be a problem. To get DSL at what the Phone company calls an "acceptable level to support", you must Ohm out at 600 or below. I am 604 ohms and they won't hook me up. My connection with Wild Blue was a bundle through the phone company. I asked them how long they thought I would keep a land-line once I went to the Cell Phone company for Internet? One other reason I decided to go to Verizion now is that they will be going 4G nationwide by the end of 2012, so I see them trying to improve. I have seen nothing out of Wild Blue in 2 and a half years, but connections getting slower as subscribers are added.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)