AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere disc identification
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rkd1119
Posted 1/7/2011 17:28 (#1533374 - in reply to #1529089)
Subject: Re: John Deere disc identification

If you have a parts man at the local JD dealer with some patience (and time), you can find it this way:

Find EVERY piece on the machine with a casting number (spools, bumper washers, gang holders, tongue, leveling pieces, etc.). Make a list with every number. The parts man can enter each one into the "where used" section in his parts computer. Each time he will get a list of every machine that used that particular part #. By using the process of elimination, he will eventually find just a couple of models (only one if you're REALLY lucky), that used all of them.

THEN, look at the picture (id view) screen on the gathered models until you find the one that looks the closest to what you have. Viola', now you know which disc yours is, and can order the requisite manuals. If you DON'T have someone at your local dealer willing to do this for you, email the list and a couple of pictures of it to me (email's in my profile), and I will research it for you in my spare time. Beware though, I may want a whitetail deer hunting trip in exchange :).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)