AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere and competitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Theinsider
Posted 1/5/2011 18:41 (#1528875 - in reply to #1528771)
Subject: RE: Deere and competitors

"As for accuracy, some of the competitors claim they are more accurate than Deere" the accuracy stated by ALL systems is at the receiver, true ground accuracy is subject to so many external factors i.e tractor setup, implement setup, ground conditions etc etc and is therefore impossible to state accurately.

I have worked for a number of both manufacturers & dealers, and now for a Deere dealer and have never yet seen any real difference in accuracy or repeatability once the system has been setup properly, there are those who make statements like the one I quoted and that is all sales pitch! (or ignorance).

Deere in my opinion stands out from the rest when on a Deere machine because it has been made for the machine and is part of it, this gives it an edge over others in that situation (performance monitor, yield mapping, ease of setup etc) and it is going to be interesting to see where Deere go next.

As far as ATU's are concerned they require a little more setup and do not have some of those nice intergrated features but are certainly a fair alternative even at RTK level with the latest version of software improving the onto line performance (or so I have been told by customers).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)